Women's History Quiz
Questions 21 - 30
21. Q. What Congresswoman helped draft the G.I. Bill, a piece of legislation that historians frequently say was one of the most influential and beneficial of the twentieth century?
22. Q. Who co-founded the American Civil Liberties Union, an organization that watches for and fights against discrimination based on characteristics like race, gender, class, disabilities, and sexual orientation?
23. Q. What scientists’ discovery led to the creation of laws mandating milk pasteurization to prevent disease?
24. Q. The first “seeing eye” dog school in America was opened by whom?
25. Q. What pioneering anthropologist coined the word “racism” and promoted the theory of cultural relativism?
26. Q. What actress dubbed “America’s Sweetheart” was the first woman to own her own production company?
27. Q. What civil rights activists co-founded and served as executive director of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC), an organization usually connected with Martin Luther King, Jr.?
28. Q. Which women’s reform group worked for over 30 years to the abolish child labor so that all children could have mandatory, free education?
29. Q. What woman broke the record for swimming the English Channel and increased the public’s acceptance of female athletes through her great swimming talent?
30. Q. Whose book Silent Spring (1962) helped shape America’s environmental consciousness?
|Previous 10 Questions|